HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog inElite
Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!552
Share | 

Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster:
Featured Artist:
Virgo
Comments: ♥Look into my eyes♥
♥Its where my demons hide♥
♥It's where my demons hide♥

PostSubject: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 12:18 am

Ok actually this competition has been quite...strange...there were 12 of us on the 1st assignment then the second assignment, 2 girls dropped out and 4 were no shows so they got got disqualified and now another girl had to drop out because of a family emergency so now there are 5 of us left and its only the 3rd assignment. No However that's not why I made this post! I will finish this comp! Devil yes I need your opinions again. So this time around it can be an ad for whatever we want. I was having WAY too much fun in GIMP the past two days practicing hair drawing so I ended up with two pictures. Now the questions I have for you all is, Which one should I use? And what kind of ad should it be?

Picture 1:
Obviously this is the finished picture but I really don't know what kind of ad it would be since we don't have any guidelines for what kind of ad this should be. My model, Millicente Herveaux, is biracial so I attempted to draw the curly hair that I always envisioned her with. Click to expand.

Picture 2:
This one I just finished today and I think it's my best hair drawing attempt yet. Obviously this would be some form of hair product ad right? But again I don't know what kind. Maybe a makeup ad since I edited out her freckles in this shot? Is the hair color ok? My mom suggested the reddish hue. Because I can change it easily. And what about the background, should I change that? Click it to expand it.

Lol sorry about all the questions, I'm just bored and need opinions since my mom and sis aren't much help.

Last edited by KosmoKhaos on July 30th 2012, 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member

Donor/$upporter:
Top Poster:
Pisces
Comments: No comment....

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 1:07 am

They both look absolutely amazing! Just gorgeous! Shocked

I think the first one looks like an ad for a product for ethnic hair...something that brings out the natural beauty of the curls. The second one looks like an ad for a hair strengthening product...or if you drew in an impressive earring, it could be a jewelry ad...

Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member

Top Poster:
Featured Artist:
Pisces
Comments: One word...BAZINGA!

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 5:54 am

I agree with Akasha.

The first image looks like an ad for a hair product, maybe a shampoo or a hair dye?

The second looks an ad for some kind of hair strengthening product or maybe a leave in conditioner Smile

Both images are great btw!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

Top Poster:
Featured Artist:
Cancer
Comments: Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 8:08 am

Nessa!!!! Hi!!!

Any who not to go off topic...Ok, love the bi-racial part...awesome. I think the first one could be about an ethnic hair product. At this time currently, the fashion trend in the Black community is 'going natural' and a LOT of hair care products such as conditions and moisturizers are being seriously advertised.

The second one, beautiful picture, love the hair!! But it takes a little bit away from the obvious bi-racial aspect that you are going for. I think if her hand was going through her hair it would be maybe a hair color ad, the pull does look like a strengthener. Both pics are awesome, I just love the first pic a tiny bit more!!

VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 9:26 am

KK, your edits are blowing me away. You're doing such great work and improving like craazy. Your images are all so diverse, too! Plus, your models are always incredibly gorgeous. I love the vibrant look of these shots.

I am *in love* with the first ad. I agree that it looks like an add for a product geared toward a natural look, like a leave-in conditioner.

The second picture really does remind me of a hair-color ad as well.
Back to top Go down
SellaSu
BANNED
BANNED

Featured Artist:
Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 9:59 am

KosmoKhaos wrote:
Ok actually this competition has been quite...strange...there were 12 of us on the 1st assignment then the second assignment, 2 girls dropped out and 4 were no shows so they got got disqualified and now another girl had to drop out because of a family emergency so now there are 5 of us left and its only the 3rd assignment. No However that's not why I made this post! I will finish this comp! Devil yes I need your opinions again. So this time around it can be an ad for whatever we want. I was having WAY too much fun in GIMP the past two days practicing hair drawing so I ended up with two pictures. Now the questions I have for you all is, Which one should I use? And what kind of ad should it be?

Picture 1:
Obviously this is the finished picture but I really don't know what kind of ad it would be since we don't have any guidelines for what kind of ad this should be. My model, Millicente Herveaux, is biracial so I attempted to draw the curly hair that I always envisioned her with. Click to expand.

Picture 2:
This one I just finished today and I think it's my best hair drawing attempt yet. Obviously this would be some form of hair product ad right? But again I don't know what kind. Maybe a makeup ad since I edited out her freckles in this shot? Is the hair color ok? My mom suggested the reddish hue. Because I can change it easily. And what about the background, should I change that? Click it to expand it.

Lol sorry about all the questions, I'm just bored and need opinions since my mom and sis aren't much help.

omg you are so awesome what a work with gimp ? you can do this with gimp ? Woh !!!!

and yes maybe also for a haircolor ? but i love both Love067 Love067 Love067
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims

Top Poster:
Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 12:01 pm

I agree with everyone else ! You're getting really really good at editing photos Smile But I like the first one the best hiho
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster:
Featured Artist:
Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 12:35 pm

Yay thank you all for your input happy *NEW* hiho I see that the first picture is winning over people over! I'm glad they seem like hair ads to everyone else too. Anyone have any brands of hair product that they think would go good with the ads?

@Ameenah and Vanity: Yup I was surprised I did as well as I did! I think I'm going to try drawing clothing next time! Smile

And lol @ Cece: Yes the whole natural curls is what I was going for in the first picture definitely. The second one was more of "I pressed my hair bone straight" kind of thing lol. I can't think of any "well-known" curl enhancing products! It's really annoying! Most of the stuff I know is the kind of stuff you find at your local tiny beauty supply down the street if you know what I mean Razz

@Sellasu: Yup I do this all with GIMP. Big smile It's pretty freaking awesome for a free program!

@Akasha and Miss Lochness: Thank you so much!!!! Huglove
Back to top Go down
stevielee88
VIP Member

Top Poster:
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 6:29 pm

i like the 2ed one and maybe the 2ed one could be a earing ad?
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims

Top Poster:
Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 6:39 pm

Like Cece said, some ethnic hair products. The only brands that comes to mind right now is.. I think it's called Olive Oil & I love using Motions & Dr. Miracle, but I don't know... lol
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster:
Featured Artist:
Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 7:03 pm

I would do and earring but the first assignment was a jewelry ad. Smile And lol I suppose I could go through my cabinets of hair stuff XD
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant

Top Poster:
Featured Artist:
Tech Support:
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 27th 2012, 8:00 pm

Great edits Kosmo !! Superrrr !! The first pic I like best, love the model, her expression and all the lovely colors. SOOO cool !! dancing Love067 :heart:

Eva

Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster:
Featured Artist:
Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 30th 2012, 2:39 am

Okie dokie since the first picture seemed to win people over the most, I decided to use it! Yay! Ok lol this due tomorrow the 31st so if anyone sees anything wrong with it, or if you have suggestions, let me know asap.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer

Donor/$upporter:
Top Poster:
Pisces
Comments: Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 30th 2012, 5:16 am

I so want to buy it now. Smile

Great job. The first one was my favorite.

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 30th 2012, 6:16 am

It's really looks great. Great job :D.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 30th 2012, 8:09 am

It looks perfect, KK! I hope you kick butt in your competition. Smile
Back to top Go down
SellaSu
BANNED
BANNED

Featured Artist:
Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 30th 2012, 11:26 am

KosmoKhaos wrote:
Okie dokie since the first picture seemed to win people over the most, I decided to use it! Yay! Ok lol this due tomorrow the 31st so if anyone sees anything wrong with it, or if you have suggestions, let me know asap.

Love067 Love067 Love067 LOOKS BEAUTIFUL and also the product is very good for the hair !!!!! good choice !!! and GOOD LUCK !!!! dancingbanana
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims

Top Poster:
Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 30th 2012, 1:34 pm

Love the product you chose ! It matches the colors in the picture perfectly Big smile
The overall ad looks fantastic !
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster:
Featured Artist:
Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 30th 2012, 3:02 pm

Yay Big smile Thank you all for your help you all are awesome!
Back to top Go down
katink

Top Poster:
Gemini
Comments: A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!   July 30th 2012, 3:09 pm

Amazing job! Love067 Good luck on the competition! I hope you kick butt, Kosmo!

Need some opinions for an assignment! ◕‿◕ UPDATE IN THE COMMENTS!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 ::  ::  :: -
© phpBB | Contact | Report an abuse